Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday morning cartoons



I love Saturdays. The girls are always so happy to see that Chris is home and the mood is usually pretty light. This morning Anneliese was up bright and early and greeted me with my
glasses, "HI MOM!!! You need your glasses! SHHHHH!!!! DADDY'S SLEEPING!!!'

Anna hasn't quite figured out how to whisper yet. She proceeded to climb in the bed (via my ribcage) and snuggled in with bear, chattering away. After the 3rd or 4th kick/elbow I gave up on sleep (and threw Bear at Chris' head for "sleeping" through the pint-sized assault, lol). We did diaper duty and plodded down the hall to the kitchen. Anna was literally dancing by the time I poured her cereal - "Yaaaaaay!! Cereal!!!" It's impossible to be grumpy around someone who dances for fruit loops.

Jessie joined us shortly thereafter for her cereal, and then we were all treated to the sounds of Chris hanging drywall. More on that later, this is a family blog.

We headed over to Crescent Lake - apparently our town's best kept secret - and absolutely loved it. There are 3 trails - one that goes around the lake, one a sort of square in the woods, and another one that sort of follows the other one around the lake, but more towards to woods. And of course I forgot my camera - but that's okay, it's just a good excuse to go back again soon. The orchards are also nearby, so that would be a fun outing - picnic, hike, and apple picking. What's not to like?

2 comments:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Sue, your girls are so darned cute!

And for what it's worth, J doesn't have much of an inside voice, either. LOL

Susan said...

thanks...they are kinda cute if I do say so myself. :)

Yes - indoor voice is learned sometime around the age of 30, only to have it leave upon hearing loss age, lol!