Monday, August 21, 2006

She'll want a cup of coffee...

Or a caramel macchiato! Yesterday I was sprung for the entire afternoon, and it was awesome! (Fantasy Football has it's perks, apparently). My first stop was to church - 11 mass - to attend (don't go often enough) and to register Jessie for CCD classes. After church I drove out to a canoe & kayak store to pick up their class schedule - then to Barnes & Noble (hence, the macchiato). I picked up 2 new books there and then went to AC Moore to get some yarn that was on sale. I am making one of these: http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0136.htm After the yarn fest I picked up some groceries and headed home. I honestly couldn't believe I'd been out from 11am-5pm all by myself. Usually when I'm given a chance to go out, I rush, or feel drawn to go back within an hour or two. And when I got home, the girls were glad to see me and it felt good.

Last night Jessie and I helped Chris in the basement (which felt very good, since he'd done me such a favor) and I started my new crochet project. I now have 3 things in progress: the poncho, a blanket for the family room, and a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting. I like variety, I guess. :)

Today was pretty busy, although I didn't really plan it that way! We had a make-up swim lesson for Jessie at 10:30am, did a quick pickup of the house, did lunch, cleaned the car, and then Jessie had a friend over for a few hours. Getting the car clean was step #1 to getting ready for school (it was a pit). Tomorow we have an appointment at 9:30am for Jessie and then I think we're headed out for some clothes for Jessica. Luckily, she doesn't need much for school, but it is tax-free week here and we might as well take advantage. (Where is Gramma when we really need her :::sob!::: )

The house is quiet (gotta love that school-year bedtime) and I have some crocheting to do, and then a new novel to sink into. Tommorow I'll post a bonafide update about the girls.

No comments: